This document is to give you an understanding of how to setup your exchange email account on an Android device.
How to add your Exchange email on Android:
1. From the Home touch, select ‘Applications’ and then ‘Settings’.
2. Select ‘Accounts and sync’ and then ‘Add Account’.
3. Select ‘Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync’.
4. Enter your email address in the first box, then touch the Password box and enter your password. After you have performed this select ‘Next’.
5. Review the message screen that is displayed. You can uncheck the ‘Always Show’ option and then select ‘OK’.
6. The device will attempt to find the settings automatically to setup your account. If this is successful skip to step 9. If it cannot automatically find the settings you will need to perform the following steps
7. Enter your domain. If unsure consult your service provider.
8. Select ‘Manual Setup’. Enter the ‘Exchange Server’ into the field. If unsure consult your service provider. Select ‘Next’.
9. The Account options screen allows you to select the following ActiveSync options:
a. Peak schedule: Choose how often your device should connect to the Exchange server to get email during peak business hours. Choose Push to have email delivered to your device as soon as it arrives on the server.
b. Off-peak schedule: Choose how often your device should connect to the Exchange server to get email during off-peak business hours. Choose Push to have email delivered to your device as soon as it arrives on the server.
c. Amount to synchronize: Choose the time period that your device should keep in sync.
d. Emails retrieval size: Set an email size limit. Your device will only download the headers for emails that exceed this limit. When you open the message you will be able to download the entire message.
e. Period to sync Calendar: Choose the time period that your device should keep in sync.
f. Notify me when email arrives: Mark this option to have your device notify you that you have new email messages.
g. Sync contacts: Mark this option to synchronize your contacts to your device.
h. Sync calendar: Mark this option to synchronize your calendar to your device.
10. Select ‘Next’ and the following screen will appear
11. You can enter a name of the account, to identify the account (i.e. work) if you have multiple emails configured on your device. Then select ‘Done’.
12. Congratulations! You have successfully added your Exchange email to your device.