If calendar reminders aren’t appearing in Outlook the following steps should make them appear again.
- Within Outlook go to “File”
- In the left-hand menu select “Options”
- Within the Options window that pops-up select “Advanced” on the left-hand side.
- Locate the section called “Reminders” and make sure that the box for “Show reminders” is ticked.
- Click “Ok”
If this doesn’t work, try the next step:
- Close down Outlook
- Go to your desk-top
- Right-click and select New>Shortcut
- In the box that pops up type in “Outlook.exe /cleanreminders” and click Next (Important: There needs to be a space between “Outlook.exe” and the “/”)
- If the shortcut doesn’t accept “Outlook.exe” you will need to use the browse button to browse to the Outlook.exe file. This will be located in either C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft office, C:\program files\Microsoft office or C:\Program files(X86)\Microsoft office\Office15
- Locate the Outlook.exe file within the folder. It will show up as “Outlook” and be of the type “Application”
- After you have selected the Outlook.exe file you can enter the “/cleanreminders” after it (make sure to have the space as mentioned above).
- After clicking “Next” give the shortcut a name (for example it can be called: Calendar reminders fix)
- Click “Finish”
- Double-click on the newly created shortcut.
- Once Outlook has launched leave it open for a few minutes then close it down.
- Launch Outlook using your normal launch-icon.
- The calendar reminders should now start appearing again.